- I am an assistant professor in mathematics at UC Davis since Fall 2023.
- I was a postdoctoral research associate in the Program in Applied and Computational Mathematics (PACM) at Princeton University under the supervision of Prof. Amit Singer from 2020 to 2023. I obtained my Ph.D. degree in Mathematics from University of Minnesota under the supervision of Prof. Gilad Lerman.
- I am actively seeking Ph.D. students. If you are interested in working with me, please send your CV to ypshi at ucdavis dot edu.
- Machine Learning
- Mathematics of Data Science
- Robust Estimation
- Scalable Computational Methods
- 3-D Computer Vision
- Cryo-electron Microscopy Imaging
- Program Committee:
AISTATS-2022 Top Reviewer
- Journal Reviewer:
IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters,
IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology
- Feb 26, 2024: Our new paper on the distributed group synchronization is accepted to CVPR 2024.
- Nov 9, 2022: I will be organizing the minisymposium “Problems and Solutions of 3-D Reconstruction” at 2023 SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering at Amsterdam, Netherland.
- Nov 3, 2022: Our code for fast principal component analysis of cryo-EM images is released at https://github.com/yunpeng-shi/fast-cryoEM-PCA and will be merged into ASPIRE-python for single particle reconstruction.